All Across UAE
Cash On Delivery
A right mattress is directly proportional to a good night’s sleep. Thus, choosing the right mattress is vital for you. Good quality sleep plays a significant role in your general health and wellbeing.
The types of mattresses in Dubai are enormous. One of the critical decisions in mattress buying is choosing between a firm and a soft mattress. While the choice is extremely personal, below is some information to help you with buying a mattress in Dubai.
Difference Between Firm and Soft Mattress
The primary difference between a firm and a soft mattress is their feel. While a firm mattress is rigid to touch and has less give, a soft mattress compresses easily on pressure application.
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of both firm and soft mattress:
- As a firm mattress sags less, your body weight gets evenly distributed over it
- A firm mattress is better for back sleepers and stomach sleepers as it provides a more even surface
- If you do not have much trouble with back pain, a firm mattress can prove to be more comfortable
- Muscles are less strained on a firmer surface as the bones absorb most of the pressure resulting in less stress on muscles and better blood circulation
- A firm mattress prevents your lower back from crumbling, which allows for more oxygen intake during sleep
- The change from a softer mattress to a harder mattress can feel pretty uncomfortable in the beginning
- For back problems like arthritis and scoliosis, a firm mattress can exacerbate the pain
- A soft mattress is the recommended type for people experiencing back pain or those having pre-existing back problems
- A soft mattress suits lighter individuals
- A soft mattress suits side sleepers as it gives better cushioning to the shoulders, hips, and spine
- A soft mattress can cause back problems for back sleepers and stomach sleepers
- It can also cause trouble to bed sharers
- A soft mattress may also be less durable than its firm counterpart as all types of mattress tend to soften over time
How To Decide What Suits Your Body Type
The two main criteria when it comes to deciding a mattress are if you suffer from back pain, and your sleeping style. If you do not suffer from back pain and sleep on your back or stomach, a firmer mattress will better suit you. On the other hand, if you are a side sleeper or have back issues, you must go for a soft mattress.
Another vital thing to consider is weight. For example, for a heavier person, a firm mattress can turn into soft, and for a lighter person, even a soft mattress may not provide a good give.
The significant thing here is to test out a mattress properly by sleeping on it before buying. Simply sitting won’t cut it.
Sleep is one of the most underrated, healing elixirs of life. It is the balm for stress, anxiety, a bad mood or even a headache. A good night’s sleep puts the roses back in your cheeks, and puts you in a great mood for the day. But contrast this with a night of poor sleep – you wake up irritable, moody, drowsy and with a heavy head.
Poor sleep or disturbed sleep affects the way you interact with the world. Your attention flags, you take longer than usual to complete your daily tasks, and you are unable to concentrate on details. Meanwhile, your body feels sluggish and unable to carry on. You may try to stay awake by fuelling yourself with coffee. But artificial stimulants can only take you so far – what you need to do is correct your flagging sleep and reset your internal alarm clock so that you get uninterrupted sleep all night.
Let’s start by getting you the right mattress online.
How A Mattress Affects Your Sleep
- A poorly designed mattress is likely to clump up with regular use. It also cannot offer the kind of firm support your body needs to be able to rest all the major joints and muscles in your body.
- Most causes of poor sleep can be attributed to body pain – in turn, this is due to the mattress not offering support to the shoulders, back, hips, knees and ankles. The pain begins to escalate over time, and as a result, you keep waking up in the night. Your sleep is repeatedly disturbed as you try to find a comfortable position on the mattress.
- Repeated sleep disturbances soon develop into full blown sleep disorders. These can take a toll on your mental, emotional and cardiovascular health. Less than six hours of sleep a night has been linked to problems like weight gain, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, migraines, etc.
- However, a well-designed mattress that offers full body cushioning instantly relaxes tense muscles and aligns the spine the way it should be aligned. This means that your body finally gets the cushioning and pressured support that it needs, so that the chances of body pain are greatly reduced and then eliminated.
- As a result, you sleep much more comfortably than before, and there are fewer episodes of waking up during the night. When your sleep patterns change and the frequency of deep sleep phases increase, you will experience good sleep that refreshes and energises you for the next day.
Which Kind of Mattress Should You Buy?
The good news is that leading mattress brands like Mattress Souq help you choose the right kind of mattress for your bed. Buying a mattress in Dubai was never this easy. Just log on to the Mattress Souq website and start browsing for the kind of mattress you want.
Here’s a heads up: if you suffer from any form of body pain arising from your existing mattress, we recommend buying a memory foam or latex mattress. These offer comfortable but firm cushioning, and they conform to your body’s contours with every movement. As a result, you experience deep sleep with superior cushioning.
Place your order for the mattress online and have it delivered and installed in your residence. You can also buy memory foam pillows to go with the mattress.
Leading brands like Mattress Souq also offer a free 10-night trial on mattress in Dubai. You can test the mattress for a period of 10 nights, at the end of which you can exchange or return it if it is not to your liking.
We hope the pointers mentioned in this article help you make the right choice for mattresses online. There can be no substitute for good quality sleep, whether you are young or old. Instead of battling through the day on less sleep, you should focus on changing your current mattress and getting a new one from a leading brand. If you are confused about the kind of mattress you need, ask your doctor for inputs.
Sleeping takes almost one-third of your lifetime, and so doing it right is essential. It is said that the quality of your day is dependent on the night before. The quality of your sleep depends on your sleep time and your mattress. So, sleeping right is vital.
Buying the right mattress is one of the important wise decisions you make from time to time. But hey, which mattress store to visit, which mattress to buy, and what features to look for?
Running through the many mattress stores, surfing online through many mattress websites in UAE, deciding between memory foam and latex mattress, and figuring out how much to spend to bring home a quality mattress can seem daunting. Well, guess what? We have done the hard work for you by bringing you this mattress buying guide.
Options to Buying a Mattress
You have two options:
- You can either go down to your nearest mattress store—sleep, check and get the one that suits you best.
- You can also get one shipped right to your house. This way, you buy a mattress at a competitive price.
Buying from a mattress store:
- Take your time with the mattress you like
- Recline on it for ten minutes to make sure you don’t feel any pressure or pain while sleeping
- Shop during sales
- Negotiate the price with the salesperson
- Do not rush your decision while finding a mattress that feels the best
- Do not lie down on many mattresses hurriedly
- Never pay the full price
- You get to take the feel of the mattress
- You have more and varied options in a mattress store
- Buying a mattress in a mattress store can feel overwhelming with so much information
- Dealing with the salesperson can sometimes be exhausting
- It is difficult to compare prices and know whether or not you are getting a good deal
Buying a mattress online in UAE:
- Research well by comparing top mattress UAE sites for getting the best deal
- Know well about the mattress you’re ordering
- Do not wait for the best offers as most sites have some or the other offer going on throughout the year
- Great alternative for those who hate shopping in mattress stores
- No salesmen to deal with
- The price of the mattress won’t include any markups
- Free shipping
- Minimal risk with a money-back guarantee
- Less number of options for comparison
- You typically have to set it up yourself
- You got to deal with getting rid of your old mattress
Decide Which Mattress is Right for You
Innerspring, foam, and latex are the three major types of mattresses. Note that there is no one right material. Beyond that, you’ll need to figure out what you need in a mattress:
- are a side sleeper, the innerspring mattress can provide you with a surface that conforms to your shape and supports your side body weight
- are a stomach sleeper, a firmer bed can offer you with the best support
- are a back sleeper, choose a mattress surface that supports as well as aligns your spine
- have allergies, go for foam or latex mattresses, which are antimicrobial and resistant to dust mites
- have back pain, choose memory foam or latex mattress, which can mold to your body and offer support
- like a bed with bounce, choose the innerspring mattress
- want a plush top, select an innerspring mattress with a foam outer layer or fiberfill
- have a partner that tosses and turns, an innerspring mattress with pocketed coils or a memory foam mattress can provide you with stability
- sleep hot, choose foam or latex that can hold body heat
- want a firmer base, go for a memory foam or latex mattress with ample support and comfort
All in all, choose a mattress that answers your problems and makes you feel the best while sleeping.
Sleep is one of the most important things in our lives. It rests your body, heals niggling aches and pains, and clears the mind. A good night’s sleep also improves your mood, increases focus and keeps you upbeat.
We’ve all had nights of fragmented sleep, waking up irritable, nervous and groggy. Disturbed sleep results in poor decision making, spike in blood pressure and glucose levels, and general inertia. If you have been routinely suffering from poor sleep, then the answer could lie in your hectic lifestyle. Or it could be something as basic as using the wrong pillow!
Does that sound surprising? It’s true – what you rest your head on at night can make the difference between waking up refreshed or waking up with a heavy head and painful neck and shoulders.
Why a Good Pillow makes all the Difference!
A pillow is not just a roll of material under your head when you sleep. If it was, you could just roll up a bedsheet and use it under your head! A pillow serves a specific function: to offer support to your neck and shoulders when you sleep.
Why do you need neck and shoulder support when you sleep? The reason lies in the human anatomy. The spine has a slight slope from the neck to the mid-back, where it curves slightly before meeting the base of the spinal column. When you lie down, your spine’s curvature is maintained with a firm memory foam mattress. But your head should be placed such that the spine’s slope at the neck is not changed. Your pillow should not be so soft that your head dips below your shoulder blades, nor so hard that your neck is raised.
When you find the right pillow, you will experience the perfect amount of rest and comfort which are necessary for a good night’s sleep.
How to Buy a Pillow Online
Mattress Souq offers good quality pillows online. It is easy to buy a perfect pillow. Here’s how you do it:
- If you routinely face problems such as tension, headaches, neck pain, frozen shoulder and back ache, it is better to speak with your doctor about the kind of pillow you need.
- Memory foam pillows are good to try. They offer the right amount of support and retain their shape after use.
- Check the product dimensions on mattresssouq.com. These are listed alongside the product, along with photographs and other details like fabric, material of the inner structure, price points, etc.
- Order pillows online and await delivery at your residence.
Now all that remains is to rest your tired head on your new pillow and experience the joys of a good night’s sleep!
Sleep is the healer of most ills – but only if it is deep and uninterrupted. Most of us struggle with aching bodies and disturbed sleep, partly owing to a hot and saggy mattress. It naturally follows that if you want to have good quality sleep every night, you must invest in a mattress that is firm, mouldable to your body contours, and which provides support to your neck, back, shoulders, hips and knees.
We suggest buying a memory foam mattress online.
What is Memory Foam?
Memory foam is used in making mattresses and pillows. As the term suggests, it is a kind of foam that has a ‘memory’. However, this is not a Space Age concept, but rather more of a muscle memory one. Memory foam is made out of a polyurethane (known as ‘viscoelastic’) that is dense and able to maintain its structure despite repeated use. This property helps the mattress retain its shape for longer, without sagging or lumping.
However, memory foam mattresses are manufactured differently by different brands. The viscoelastic may be denser in some. Mattress Souq offers memory foam mattress with different levels of firmness. Viscoelastic is normally impenetrable for most substances, though the elastic properties of a memory foam mattress help it curve to the user’s body contours, and also bounce back to its prior state after use.
How a Memory Foam Mattress Benefits you
Consider the three benefits of using a memory foam mattress:
- It is highly durable and lasts for years
- It has high density, so it often impervious to most spills
- It provides good support and offers pressure relief
Depending on the kind of foam used in the mattress, you can get different functions out of it. For example, a simple foam mattress is comfortable to sleep on, but it traps body heat and makes you uncomfortable. Meanwhile, an open cell memory foam has a more relaxed internal structure to allow movement of air. This mattress does not overheat. Another type is a gel-based memory foam, which is filled with gel beads. This mattress offers superior heat absorption with the beads absorbing heat, and a more open structure allowing passage of air. It is one of the most comfortable mattresses to sleep on.
How to Buy a Memory Foam Mattress
Mattress Souq sells memory foam mattresses online in UAE. Below is how you can buy your favourite memory foam mattress online from Mattress Souq:
- Log on to com
- Browse through the field marked ‘Mattress’ on the home page
- Click on ‘Memory Foam Mattress’ from ‘Mattress Collection’
- Study the mattress dimensions and make. Each mattress is priced differently based on internal composition, covering fabric, etc.
- Select your most preferred memory foam mattress and place your order by paying for it online
- Await delivery of the mattress to your home, and have it fitted onto your bed when it arrives
So you have purchased a brand new latex mattress! Well, that’s one good decision you have made. You’ll enjoy sleeping on a mattress that provides optimum comfort and relaxation. You can buy the latex mattress in Dubai easily with many options available. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve purchased the latex mattress online or offline. Your next step is to know how to care for it.
Fortunately, taking care of a latex mattress does not need much time and effort. You can keep your mattress in good condition and extend its lifespan by following these simple steps:
Let It Breathe
Latex is highly breathable material. Its foam is open-cell type, and it has pinholes, allowing the air to circulate. Again, the longevity of your mattress is dependent on its breathability. You can prevent blocking the underside of your mattress using a slatted base that allows for free air circulation. Moreover, the improved air circulation gives you a more refreshing night’s sleep.
Use A Removable Mattress Cover
A latex mattress usually comes with a removable mattress cover. It is often fully enclosed and can be removed for cleaning purposes.
Things like smell, sweat, bugs, and stains regularly accumulate on a mattress. By using a removable mattress cover, you can keep such matter out at the cover and protect your mattress. Take care of your hygiene and health by washing the mattress cover from time to time. If you do not have a removable cover, then we recommend you purchase one.
Gentle Cleaning As & When Required
If a spill occurs on your mattress in spite of having the mattress cover on, clean the mattress carefully. Use a damp cloth and clean gently. A latex mattress does not require complicated cleaning.
Turn & Flip Your Mattress Every Six Months
Turning and flipping your latex mattress from time to time ensures that your body pressure gets evenly distributed across the mattress every time you sleep. It makes the mattress more comfortable for you.
Turn your mattress 180 degrees to interchange the head and foot of the bed. Flip your mattress over its long edge. Thus, you get a completely new surface to sleep on.
Avoid Exposure of Mattress to Sun
If you are using a mattress cover, make sure that your latex mattress is not exposed to direct sunlight when the cover is removed for cleaning. Direct sunshine can cause the latex to break down and shorten the mattress’s lifespan. Nevertheless, exposure to the sun won’t be an issue if it is covered with a mattress cover.
Thus, you need to make little efforts to care for and extend the lifespan of your latex mattress. The critical things for this are: allowing your mattress to breathe, using a removable mattress cover, cleaning the spots gently, flipping the bed every six months, and avoiding exposure to the sun.
Thus, you don’t have to spend much time in the maintenance of your new latex mattress.