All Across UAE
Cash On Delivery
Undisturbed sleep is quite underrated, but good quality deep sleep is essential for one’s good health. You’ve experienced it before – a night of poor sleep makes it harder to get through the next day. You feel stressed, irritable, and drowsy, and only undisturbed sleep can help you function properly again.
But a night of good sleep is assured only when you sleep on a superior mattress that offers support and alleviates body pain. We suggest getting a latex mattress for your bed – it will make your body ache disappear, and give you the most comfortable, deep sleep you have been craving for months now.
What Is A Latex Mattress?
Before we explain what a latex mattress is, let us first look at what the material ‘latex’ is all about.
Latex is a substance procured from the sap of rubber trees. It was first used by indigenous tribes in Latin America and other places where rubber trees abounded, as a sort of glue. However, later experiments on the material proved latex’s remarkable tensile properties. It is easily pliable when processed at the right temperature while being able to retain its shape and form.
This property of simultaneous retention and pliability is useful in terms of creating mattresses and pillows. Latex mattresses can offer both support and gentle relief with consistent pressure on painful parts of the body. They are made of latex foam and are recommended by doctors for those who suffer from body pain issues, particularly arising in the shoulders, back, hips and ankles.
These mattresses respond to your body weight and movements to provide consistent pressure relief as you sleep or lay down on the bed. They are different from memory foam mattresses, which contour to the body using your body heat. However, you must check the internal composition of the mattress to be certain of its qualities: these kinds of mattresses are available in natural, hybrid, and synthetic latex.
Latex mattresses bounce back to their original form very quickly. You will never find the indentation from your body on the mattress’s surface for more than a few seconds after you rise from the bed.
This kind of mattress lasts much longer than ordinary mattresses. When you buy it, you are essentially investing in it for several years.
The benefits of using latex mattresses
- The mattress offers firm body support uniformly. This helps significantly in pain control and reduction
- It does not heat up during use
- The mattress has higher longevity than other types of mattresses
- Natural latex mattresses are almost always 100% odor-free
- Latex mattresses are also said to repel dust mites, ticks, and fleas. Since their internal structure is not too dense, they allow for free passage of air. So, there is no build-up of heat or foul smells inside the mattress
- The mattress offers motion isolation which means that the mattress does not move en masse in case one person on the bed tosses and turns – the other person will not feel any dip in the mattress or the slightest shudder when there is movement on the other side of the bed
- The mattress is safe to use by all, whether a child or senior citizens. It does not cause allergy or respiratory flare-ups owing to its hypoallergenic properties. However, be sure to purchase the mattress from a leading brand like Mattress Souq to get the best quality and price.
Do You Need A Latex Mattress?
You should buy a latex mattress if…
You have broken or disturbed sleep owing to a lumpy mattress
You have interrupted sleep owing to pain in the back and/or shoulders
You have been battling back and hip pain for a while
You are refurbishing your bedroom and require a new mattress that offers firm support
You enjoy a good night’s sleep and want to wake up refreshed instead of irritable and in pain
Your doctor recommends getting a new mattress if YOU’RE old one is the source of your body pain
How To Buy The Mattress
Place your order for a latex mattress with a leading brand like Mattress Souq. You can even try the mattress for 30 nights to see if it works for you.
The mattress forms the most important part of the bed. Sleep, as we know it, would be dramatically different if we didn’t have mattresses on our beds. They provide support and cushioning, and make it possible to have a good night’s rest.
But what if your mattress is not as safe a haven as you think it is? It needs an additional layer of protection, in the form of a mattress protector. The protector may be snapped on like a fitted sheet, or tucked in the sides like a bed sheet.
Consider 3 reasons why you must get a bed mattress protector today:
#1 Your mattress is dirty – and you don’t know it.
The mattress bears not just your weight, but also the brunt of several bodily secretions. Every time it is in use, you leave behind hair, dead skin, sweat and other bodily emissions on the bed. You might argue that the bed sheet covering the mattress takes care of these things – but some of these impurities are bound to slip through the bed sheet fibres and settle on the mattress below. There might even be liquid spills on the bed. Over time, these impurities keep building up steadily and penetrating the mattress’s internal structure. Just imagine what a hotbed of fungal and microbial activity your mattress is. And you’re sleeping on this dirty surface for years! Just do the wise thing and get a mattress protector. Chuck it in the wash with the rest of the bed linen whenever required.
#2 It’s good for those with respiratory issues.
Apropos the many impurities that your mattress is rife with as mentioned above, it is pertinent to mention that these same impurities may fire up allergies and even trigger respiratory distress in some. There are several cases of lung disease, asthma and breathing distress in Dubai, and these are not helped by inhaling or being in close contact with spores or microbes in the mattress. But if you have a clean bed mattress protector, the possibility of skin allergies and respiratory distress are dramatically reduced.
#3 It saves you a lot of money in the long run.
Most people balk at the idea of investing in a mattress protector because they think it’s an unnecessary expense. They believe that the bed sheet can easily do the job of protecting the mattress. However, the bed sheet is not equipped to protect the mattress in any way – it is simply a covering on the top. Using a protector ensures that the top surface and by extension, the internal structure of the mattress, are protected from various impurities, spores, bacterial and fungal growths. Thus, the mattress life is increased, and you don’t need to invest in a new one for years to come. How’s that for a money saving idea?
It is a relatively new problem, but one which has the potential to upset your daily lifestyle. Back pain often starts off as a minor ache, but progresses into a constant pain over time. Timely treatment at the hands of an expert orthopaedic doctor is essential to control and cure the problem. But even more important is determining the cause of the pain.
It could be your mattress.
How Your Mattress May Harm Your Back
Many of us buy mattresses for our beds when we buy a new home, or remodel an existing one. It is a one-time investment, since most of us use the same mattress for years.
- And therein lies the problem. A mattress not built to provide adequate cushioning and support begins to sag with use.
- It bears the brunt of your body weight, and over time, its internal structure begins to tighten and bind together, thus causing a sag in some places. Most mattresses sag under the shoulders, buttocks and ankles. Some may sag entirely down the middle.
- The sagging mattress forces your spinal alignment off kilter. This is when back pain begins.
Take a good look at the mattress you are using at the moment. Does it dip in the centre? Does the top surface feel softer to the touch, and has it lost its previous shape? It could be the reason for your backache. We suggest getting an orthopaedic mattress after consulting your doctor.
What Is An Orthopaedic Mattress?
Rising cases of back and shoulder pain in Dubai are prompting doctors to suggest lifestyle and bed linen changes – using an orthopaedic mattress falls in the latter category.
- Simply put, it is a mattress designed to provide support to certain points of your back, shoulders and major joints in the lower body. It provides a firmer supporting surface targeting the specific problem areas of your back.
- With better cushioning and support, the spinal alignment comes back to normal. The mattress also firmly ‘props’ up the painful areas, thus helping to reduce inflammation inside the painful zones and speeding recovery.
The Best Orthopaedic Mattresses In Dubai
Your doctor can recommend which type of orthopaedic mattress you need. The good news is that Mattress Souq, a leading brand in Dubai has a variety of orthopaedic mattresses on offer. You can simply check the product specs and order the most suitable one online. Have it installed in your bed, and test it for a week. If you are unsatisfied with the product, exchange it for another or get full refund, Mattress Souq gives you a 10-night trial to do so.
It’s high time you bid adieu to your niggling back pain. The obvious answer is to buy a good orthopaedic mattress. But if your pain is injury-related or persistent even after getting a new mattress, then it may be the time to go for a deeper examination of the issue.