All Across UAE
Cash On Delivery
How to Buy Mattresses Online Without Paying the Huge Mark-up in Dubai
Buying a mattress is a serious business. It is not like buying an electronics item like a TV set or a phone, where you can go browse through the store for hours. Most people browse endlessly for clothes and other items without making an actual purchase in the end. However, a mattress purchase does not fall in the category of ‘window shopping’ – you are most likely to start looking for a good one, find it and proceed to buy it. It is an acquisition that will stay with you for years, so you have to be sure of it before you put down your money.
Except – the high mark-up prices on mattresses in the city leave you daunted. You definitely need a good mattress, but the prices send you reeling. Also, you get the feeling that you are somehow being short-changed: surely a mattress should not cost all that much to make and sell!
You are right – many stores and brands add a mark-up (additional charges over the retail price to account for overheads and profits) to the mattress’s price. This means that you end up paying much more than you should, but you are unaware of the extra margin of payment. But you are not doomed to buy a mattress at an inflated price. Just follow the simple hacks we’ve listed below to beat the mark-up price and still get the best mattress of your choice:
* Buy the mattress online and not offline.
The first thing to do when buying a mattress in Dubai is to do your research – online. We would even go as far as saying that you should buy the mattress online as well, instead of going to the mattress showroom. Buying the mattress online will cost you much less, and you get the same product as the one you see in the showroom. Brick-and-mortar store items are often priced higher, since they factor in several overheads into the final mark-up price: store space, storage and inventory space, salesperson salaries and commissions, etc. Online prices are lower than offline ones, because they take into account the mattress’s base price plus shipping costs. So if you want to beat the huge mark-up price, buy the mattress online instead of going to a showroom.
* Look for festive season sales.
Another way to beat the high mark-up prices in the city and get a good deal in the bargain, is to wait for festive season sales. Sales are normally announced when brands want to offload unsold inventory at lower prices, or to usher in more customers during the festive period. Wait for these times of the year to buy the mattress online.
* Use discount or coupon codes, or get discounts for referring a friend.
Some mattress brands in the city offer discounts for a limited period, or codes you can redeem for a discount when you buy the mattress online. This is a good way to get the mattress you want at a price that you are comfortable with. Some brands also offer a discount on your purchase, or cashback or redeemable points, if you refer a friend who also makes a purchase from the same brand. These are all legit ways to buy the mattress online without paying the high mark-up.
* Buy a brand that does not overcharge for the best product.
There are several mattress brands in Dubai, but very few reliable ones. By ‘reliable’ we mean those brands that do not oversell the mattress’s attributes, or make claims that are just not true, or which price their mattresses higher than their competitors’ for no fathomable reason. But it’s not all bad news – there are a few great brands in the city that offer affordable products that have high longevity. Buy the mattress online from Dubai’s leading brands that offer great prices, excellent features and easy purchase process.
We hope these tips are useful to you and help you land a great deal when buying a mattress online. It is always better to be as economical as possible when buying mattresses – and the money you save could go towards buying pillows and bed linen.
Your No-Regrets Guide to Order Mattresses Online in Dubai
Dubai is a superb city to live in. Whatever you need for your home is available at the touch of a phone screen. But since prices on most commodities are quite high in the city, you are forced to look for the right bargains when it comes to buying expensive items like TV sets and mattresses.
Instead of buying a mattress from a showroom, you can save money by ordering the mattress online. We also have some other useful tips for you to try, such as –
* Ditch the clutter – start with the basics.
There is often a lot of confusing information about buying mattresses. Some materials are said to be better than others. Some brands profess to be superior to others. A friend or colleague might tell you to get a mattress from a certain store for a discount, while another might say that the same store has inferior brands to sell. So, whom do you believe? The short answer: No one. Do your own research about the kind of mattress you need (basic spring, latex, orthopaedic, memory foam, etc.), the correct dimensions, the brands selling the best mattresses in Dubai, the brands allowing online mattress orders, etc. If you have a back or spinal pain issue, it is better to take inputs from your doctor about the best kind of mattress for your home.
* Look for mattresses that offer a free trial.
A mattress is not a product that you buy often. In fact, it is an item that you will use for years before considering a replacement. This just means that you must be as careful as possible when it comes to ordering the mattress online. If you buy the wrong kind, you may be stuck with it forever! So opt to try the mattress before you buy it. Now before you scoff at the idea, do remember that some reputed mattress brands in the city do offer a free trial for a few nights before you make the actual purchase. If you don’t like the mattress after using it for 10 nights, simply return it and continue looking for a better one.
* Look for longevity.
As we mentioned above, a mattress is often a one-time purchase. You are not likely to buy a new mattress at the same speed with which you replace your bed linen. So this means that you must pick a mattress that lasts you for years, without losing shape or form. Ordinary foam and spring mattresses become lumpy or saggy with use, so avoid those. Your best bet is to invest in memory foam or latex mattresses – not only do they retain their shape after years of use, they also offer good back and hip support as you sleep. They ensure your comfort, which means that a night of good sleep is automatically guaranteed.
* Look for the right price.
Most of us are deluded into thinking that if something costs more, then it must be a better product. Most brands rely on this buyer psychology when pricing their products – but you end up investing much more than the product actually deserves! Instead, order mattresses online from leading brands that offer competitive pricing for the best products.
* Ask for natural materials wherever possible.
You might already be suffering from respiratory or skin allergies, and you don’t want your new mattress to aggravate the problem. Instead of a synthetic latex mattress, opt for a 100% latex one. Also look for organically processed inner materials wherever possible, to minimise the possibility of allergy flareups.
* Do not buy a used mattress.
You might be tempted to buy a second hand or used mattress. This might help you save a lot of money, but in the long run, it is a bad idea. First off, it is unhygienic to use a mattress that another person(s) has already slept on for months or years. Second, the mattress may not be in the best condition when it reaches you. A used mattress will have a looser internal structure than a new one, so you end up risking painful joints when you wake up.
You’ve recently taken a good look at your bedroom and decided that it needs an urgent remodel. You want to give the room a complete makeover with new paint, new upholstery, even new bedding and curtains. But have you overlooked one vital part in this remodel plan? Have you forgotten to check if your current mattress needs to be replaced with a new, better one?
Why the Right Mattress Matters?
The mattress you are currently using may have been your hidden enemy for years – and you didn’t even realise it. The very first thing you have to do is get rid of your old, lumpy mattress and get a new, firm one. This is true of any ordinary mattress that is not designed for several years of use. Meanwhile, you must urgently throw away your old mattress if you have been a victim of unexplained body pain for a long time.
A firm mattress does not mean it has to be a hard one. A firm mattress from a leading brand like Mattress Souq is designed to offer adequate support to the major joints of the body. It does not sag under your weight, but instead, conforms to your body’s contours. Thus, the spine remains adequately supported while you sleep, thus relaxing the muscles and joints. If you were waking up with body pain earlier, you won’t experience any pain once you buy the right mattress suited to your weight and health requirements.
How Your Mattress Has Been Harming You
Still don’t believe that your mattress can cause body pain? These are the most common types of body aches associated with soft, saggy mattresses:
- Stiff or painful shoulders on waking up, with the shoulders feeling stiff for a few hours after
- A painful back that feels painful to the touch
- Back pain accompanied by stiffness
- Back pain that seems to intensify with sleep, but reduces in intensity after you wake up and stretch
- Neck pain increases in intensity over time, but which starts off as a dull ache and makes moving the neck difficult
How To Choose The Best Mattress Online
- Always look up the online catalogues of leading mattress manufacturers in the city. You can find the best mattress online from brands like Mattress Souq.
- Check your bed dimensions before placing the order.
- Check the kind of mattress you want: Hybrid, Gel, Latex, Memory Foam, Orthopedic, Visco Pedic, Therapedic, etc. Mattress Souq has all these kinds of mattresses and many more.
- The mattress you buy must be firm, not hard. If need be, check the mattress before buying. When you lie down on it, it must not dip under your weight but must stay supportive.
- Leading stores like Mattress Souq offer a wide range of mattresses online. Compare their features, and look for important attributes like body contouring ratio, coil support, whether the mattress offers posture correction, if it contains high density virgin foam or is a memory foam mattress, etc. Another advantage of buying the mattress online from Mattress Souq, is that the brand gives you the chance to test out your new mattress for 10 nights. If you don’t like it, you may exchange it for another or ask for a refund.
- Also check if the covering fabric on the mattress is a soft, breathable one. Some mattresses offer antibacterial protection and are resistant to fluid and crumb spills.
Once you select and buy the mattress online, it is delivered to your doorstep and installed in your bed. Here’s to a successful bedroom remodel and several years of great sleep on your new mattress!
Every person experience back and joint pain at some point in time or another. However, while most people get back and shoulder pain as a result of injury or bone disorders, a common culprit is the wrong mattress that you use.
A mattress that does not provide adequate support when you sleep can make the spine and shoulders dip. This results in a misalignment of the joints, causing strain in the surrounding muscles and ligaments as well. Hence, you wake up with back and body pain. Ditch your mattress and buy an orthopedic one instead. It will offer years of support and good quality sleep, and back and body pain will soon become a thing of the past. Also, you can buy orthopedic mattresses in Dubai from leading online brands.
What Is An Orthopaedic Mattress?
As the name suggests, an ‘orthopedic mattress’ is one that offers support to the major joints in the body. This mattress is primarily designed to support the shoulders, back, hips and knees. While you sleep, the mattress provides adequate cushioning so that the joints remain properly aligned and pain-free.
Doctors in the city are recommending orthopedic mattresses in Dubai for those suffering from back and shoulder pains. The mattress alleviates a lot of the pain by offering targeted support, while also providing a supplement to any pain-relieving measures you may be taking.
Leading manufacturers of orthopaedic mattresses in Dubai also offer mattresses tailored to specific body parts and pains therein. You should look up the online catalogue of manufacturers like Mattress Souq to get an idea of the kind of mattresses available for sale in this category.
4 Things To Know About An Orthopaedic Mattress
Consider 4 important facts you must know that show how orthopedic mattresses benefit you:
#1 They improve your posture: Wrong posture is largely responsible for the tightness and pain in your shoulders and back. However, this mattress corrects these anomalies by preventing the body – and hence the shoulder blades and spine – from sinking when you sleep. With the spine properly aligned, there is less strain on it and hence, the surrounding muscles and ligaments also relax. Thus, there is no pain, and your posture improves in your sleep.
#2 You get better sleep. With the chances of spine misalignment and hence, body pain eliminated with the orthopedic mattress, your sleep is automatically improved. You don’t toss and turn to find a comfortable position on the mattress, so the chances of frequent waking and disturbed sleep are much less.
#3 They don’t ripple or move with use. With an ordinary mattress, you often wake up if your partner tosses and turns in bed. This is because the mattress dips and ripples under their weight, and moves under you every time there is a movement on the other side of the bed. But an orthopedic mattress provides firmer support and does not have any bounce. Thus, even if the other person is a restless sleeper, your sleep is not disturbed – and vice versa.
#4 It is a good bargain – though it seems expensive at first. Most people balk at the idea of buying an orthopedic mattress because they think it is too expensive. It is true that this category of mattress is priced higher than ordinary mattresses. This is because of its structure, benefits and longevity. It lasts much longer than most other mattresses, and does not sag with use. Thus, it pays for itself for several years and is effectively, a one-time investment.
We hope this article clears any doubts you may have about buying an orthopedic mattress. Here’s to many years of great and pain-free sleep!
Undisturbed sleep is quite underrated, but good quality deep sleep is essential for one’s good health. You’ve experienced it before – a night of poor sleep makes it harder to get through the next day. You feel stressed, irritable and drowsy, and only undisturbed sleep can help you function properly again.
But a night of good sleep is assured only when you sleep on a superior mattress that offers support and alleviates body pain. We suggest getting a latex mattress for your bed – it will make your body ache disappear, and give you the most comfortable, deep sleep you have been craving for months now.
What Is A Latex Mattress?
Before we explain what a latex mattress is, let us first look at what the material ‘latex’ is all about.
Latex is a substance procured from the sap of rubber trees. It was first used by indigenous tribes in Latin America and other places where rubber tree abounded, as a sort of glue. However, later experiments on the material proved latex’s remarkable tensile properties. It is easily pliable when processed at the right temperature, while being able to retain its shape and form.
This property of simultaneous retention and pliability is useful in terms of creating mattresses and pillows. Latex mattresses can offer both support and gentle relief with consistent pressure on painful parts of the body. They are made of latex foam and are recommended by doctors for those who suffer from body pain issues, particularly arising in the shoulders, back, hips and ankles.
These mattresses respond to your body weight and movements to provide consistent pressure relief as you sleep or lay down on the bed. They are different from memory foam mattresses, which contour to the body using your body heat. However, you must check the internal composition of the mattress to be certain of its qualities: these kinds of mattresses are available in natural, hybrid and synthetic latex.
Latex mattresses bounce back to their original form very quickly. You will never find the indentation from your body on the mattress’s surface for more than a few seconds after you rise from the bed.
This kind of mattress lasts much longer than ordinary mattresses. When you buy it, you are essentially investing in it for several years.
The benefits of using latex mattresses
- The mattress offers firm body support uniformly. This helps significantly in pain control and reduction
- It does not heat up during use
- The mattress has higher longevity than other types of mattresses
- Natural latex mattresses are almost always 100% odour-free
- Latex mattresses are also said to repel dust mites, ticks and fleas. Since their internal structure is not too dense, they allow for free passage of air. So, there is no build-up of heat or foul smells inside the mattress
- The mattress offers ‘motion isolation’ which means that the mattress does not move en masse in case one person on the bed tosses and turns – the other person will not feel any dip in the mattress or the slightest shudder when there is movement on the other side of the bed
- The mattress is safe to use by all, whether a child or senior citizen. It does not cause allergy or respiratory flareups owing to its hypoallergenic properties. However, be sure to purchase the mattress from a leading brand like Mattress Souq to get the best quality and price.
Do You Need A Latex Mattress?
You should buy a latex mattress if…
- You have broken or disturbed sleep owing to a lumpy mattress
- You have interrupted sleep owing to pain in the back and/or shoulders
- You have been battling back and hip pain for a while
- You are refurbishing your bedroom and require a new mattress that offers firm support
- You enjoy a good night’s sleep and want to wake up refreshed instead of irritable and in pain
- Your doctor recommends getting a new mattress if your old one is the source of your body pain
How To Buy The Mattress
Place your order for a latex mattress with a leading brand like Mattress Souq. You can even try the mattress for 10 nights to see if it works for you.
The mattress forms the most important part of the bed. Sleep, as we know it, would be dramatically different if we didn’t have mattresses on our beds. They provide support and cushioning, and make it possible to have a good night’s rest.
But what if your mattress is not as safe a haven as you think it is? It needs an additional layer of protection, in the form of a mattress protector. The protector may be snapped on like a fitted sheet, or tucked in the sides like a bed sheet.
Consider 3 reasons why you must get a bed mattress protector today:
#1 Your mattress is dirty – and you don’t know it.
The mattress bears not just your weight, but also the brunt of several bodily secretions. Every time it is in use, you leave behind hair, dead skin, sweat and other bodily emissions on the bed. You might argue that the bed sheet covering the mattress takes care of these things – but some of these impurities are bound to slip through the bed sheet fibres and settle on the mattress below. There might even be liquid spills on the bed. Over time, these impurities keep building up steadily and penetrating the mattress’s internal structure. Just imagine what a hotbed of fungal and microbial activity your mattress is. And you’re sleeping on this dirty surface for years! Just do the wise thing and get a mattress protector. Chuck it in the wash with the rest of the bed linen whenever required.
#2 It’s good for those with respiratory issues.
Apropos the many impurities that your mattress is rife with as mentioned above, it is pertinent to mention that these same impurities may fire up allergies and even trigger respiratory distress in some. There are several cases of lung disease, asthma and breathing distress in Dubai, and these are not helped by inhaling or being in close contact with spores or microbes in the mattress. But if you have a clean bed mattress protector, the possibility of skin allergies and respiratory distress are dramatically reduced.
#3 It saves you a lot of money in the long run.
Most people balk at the idea of investing in a mattress protector because they think it’s an unnecessary expense. They believe that the bed sheet can easily do the job of protecting the mattress. However, the bed sheet is not equipped to protect the mattress in any way – it is simply a covering on the top. Using a protector ensures that the top surface and by extension, the internal structure of the mattress, are protected from various impurities, spores, bacterial and fungal growths. Thus, the mattress life is increased, and you don’t need to invest in a new one for years to come. How’s that for a money saving idea?
Get a good quality mattress protector from Mattress Souq. You can order it online and have it installed on your mattress as well.
It is a relatively new problem, but one which has the potential to upset your daily lifestyle. Back pain often starts off as a minor ache, but progresses into a constant pain over time. Timely treatment at the hands of an expert orthopaedic doctor is essential to control and cure the problem. But even more important is determining the cause of the pain.
It could be your mattress.
How Your Mattress May Harm Your Back
Many of us buy mattresses for our beds when we buy a new home, or remodel an existing one. It is a one-time investment, since most of us use the same mattress for years.
- And therein lies the problem. A mattress not built to provide adequate cushioning and support begins to sag with use.
- It bears the brunt of your body weight, and over time, its internal structure begins to tighten and bind together, thus causing a sag in some places. Most mattresses sag under the shoulders, buttocks and ankles. Some may sag entirely down the middle.
- The sagging mattress forces your spinal alignment off kilter. This is when back pain begins.
Take a good look at the mattress you are using at the moment. Does it dip in the centre? Does the top surface feel softer to the touch, and has it lost its previous shape? It could be the reason for your backache. We suggest getting an orthopaedic mattress after consulting your doctor.
What Is An Orthopaedic Mattress?
Rising cases of back and shoulder pain in Dubai are prompting doctors to suggest lifestyle and bed linen changes – using an orthopaedic mattress falls in the latter category.
- Simply put, it is a mattress designed to provide support to certain points of your back, shoulders and major joints in the lower body. It provides a firmer supporting surface targeting the specific problem areas of your back.
- With better cushioning and support, the spinal alignment comes back to normal. The mattress also firmly ‘props’ up the painful areas, thus helping to reduce inflammation inside the painful zones and speeding recovery.
The Best Orthopaedic Mattresses In Dubai
Your doctor can recommend which type of orthopaedic mattress you need. The good news is that Mattress Souq, a leading brand in Dubai has a variety of orthopaedic mattresses on offer. You can simply check the product specs and order the most suitable one online. Have it installed in your bed, and test it for a week. If you are unsatisfied with the product, exchange it for another or get full refund, Mattress Souq gives you a 10-night trial to do so.
It’s high time you bid adieu to your niggling back pain. The obvious answer is to buy a good orthopaedic mattress. But if your pain is injury-related or persistent even after getting a new mattress, then it may be the time to go for a deeper examination of the issue.
A right mattress is directly proportional to a good night’s sleep. Thus, choosing the right mattress is vital for you. Good quality sleep plays a significant role in your general health and wellbeing.
The types of mattresses in Dubai are enormous. One of the critical decisions in mattress buying is choosing between a firm and a soft mattress. While the choice is extremely personal, below is some information to help you with buying a mattress in Dubai.
Difference Between Firm and Soft Mattress
The primary difference between a firm and a soft mattress is their feel. While a firm mattress is rigid to touch and has less give, a soft mattress compresses easily on pressure application.
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of both firm and soft mattress:
- As a firm mattress sags less, your body weight gets evenly distributed over it
- A firm mattress is better for back sleepers and stomach sleepers as it provides a more even surface
- If you do not have much trouble with back pain, a firm mattress can prove to be more comfortable
- Muscles are less strained on a firmer surface as the bones absorb most of the pressure resulting in less stress on muscles and better blood circulation
- A firm mattress prevents your lower back from crumbling, which allows for more oxygen intake during sleep
- The change from a softer mattress to a harder mattress can feel pretty uncomfortable in the beginning
- For back problems like arthritis and scoliosis, a firm mattress can exacerbate the pain
- A soft mattress is the recommended type for people experiencing back pain or those having pre-existing back problems
- A soft mattress suits lighter individuals
- A soft mattress suits side sleepers as it gives better cushioning to the shoulders, hips, and spine
- A soft mattress can cause back problems for back sleepers and stomach sleepers
- It can also cause trouble to bed sharers
- A soft mattress may also be less durable than its firm counterpart as all types of mattress tend to soften over time
How To Decide What Suits Your Body Type
The two main criteria when it comes to deciding a mattress are if you suffer from back pain, and your sleeping style. If you do not suffer from back pain and sleep on your back or stomach, a firmer mattress will better suit you. On the other hand, if you are a side sleeper or have back issues, you must go for a soft mattress.
Another vital thing to consider is weight. For example, for a heavier person, a firm mattress can turn into soft, and for a lighter person, even a soft mattress may not provide a good give.
The significant thing here is to test out a mattress properly by sleeping on it before buying. Simply sitting won’t cut it.
Sleep is one of the most underrated, healing elixirs of life. It is the balm for stress, anxiety, a bad mood or even a headache. A good night’s sleep puts the roses back in your cheeks, and puts you in a great mood for the day. But contrast this with a night of poor sleep – you wake up irritable, moody, drowsy and with a heavy head.
Poor sleep or disturbed sleep affects the way you interact with the world. Your attention flags, you take longer than usual to complete your daily tasks, and you are unable to concentrate on details. Meanwhile, your body feels sluggish and unable to carry on. You may try to stay awake by fuelling yourself with coffee. But artificial stimulants can only take you so far – what you need to do is correct your flagging sleep and reset your internal alarm clock so that you get uninterrupted sleep all night.
Let’s start by getting you the right mattress online.
How A Mattress Affects Your Sleep
- A poorly designed mattress is likely to clump up with regular use. It also cannot offer the kind of firm support your body needs to be able to rest all the major joints and muscles in your body.
- Most causes of poor sleep can be attributed to body pain – in turn, this is due to the mattress not offering support to the shoulders, back, hips, knees and ankles. The pain begins to escalate over time, and as a result, you keep waking up in the night. Your sleep is repeatedly disturbed as you try to find a comfortable position on the mattress.
- Repeated sleep disturbances soon develop into full blown sleep disorders. These can take a toll on your mental, emotional and cardiovascular health. Less than six hours of sleep a night has been linked to problems like weight gain, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, migraines, etc.
- However, a well-designed mattress that offers full body cushioning instantly relaxes tense muscles and aligns the spine the way it should be aligned. This means that your body finally gets the cushioning and pressured support that it needs, so that the chances of body pain are greatly reduced and then eliminated.
- As a result, you sleep much more comfortably than before, and there are fewer episodes of waking up during the night. When your sleep patterns change and the frequency of deep sleep phases increase, you will experience good sleep that refreshes and energises you for the next day.
Which Kind of Mattress Should You Buy?
The good news is that leading mattress brands like Mattress Souq help you choose the right kind of mattress for your bed. Buying a mattress in Dubai was never this easy. Just log on to the Mattress Souq website and start browsing for the kind of mattress you want.
Here’s a heads up: if you suffer from any form of body pain arising from your existing mattress, we recommend buying a memory foam or latex mattress. These offer comfortable but firm cushioning, and they conform to your body’s contours with every movement. As a result, you experience deep sleep with superior cushioning.
Place your order for the mattress online and have it delivered and installed in your residence. You can also buy memory foam pillows to go with the mattress.
Leading brands like Mattress Souq also offer a free 10-night trial on mattress in Dubai. You can test the mattress for a period of 10 nights, at the end of which you can exchange or return it if it is not to your liking.
We hope the pointers mentioned in this article help you make the right choice for mattresses online. There can be no substitute for good quality sleep, whether you are young or old. Instead of battling through the day on less sleep, you should focus on changing your current mattress and getting a new one from a leading brand. If you are confused about the kind of mattress you need, ask your doctor for inputs.
Sleeping takes almost one-third of your lifetime, and so doing it right is essential. It is said that the quality of your day is dependent on the night before. The quality of your sleep depends on your sleep time and your mattress. So, sleeping right is vital.
Buying the right mattress is one of the important wise decisions you make from time to time. But hey, which mattress store to visit, which mattress to buy, and what features to look for?
Running through the many mattress stores, surfing online through many mattress websites in UAE, deciding between memory foam and latex mattress, and figuring out how much to spend to bring home a quality mattress can seem daunting. Well, guess what? We have done the hard work for you by bringing you this mattress buying guide.
Options to Buying a Mattress
You have two options:
- You can either go down to your nearest mattress store—sleep, check and get the one that suits you best.
- You can also get one shipped right to your house. This way, you buy a mattress at a competitive price.
Buying from a mattress store:
- Take your time with the mattress you like
- Recline on it for ten minutes to make sure you don’t feel any pressure or pain while sleeping
- Shop during sales
- Negotiate the price with the salesperson
- Do not rush your decision while finding a mattress that feels the best
- Do not lie down on many mattresses hurriedly
- Never pay the full price
- You get to take the feel of the mattress
- You have more and varied options in a mattress store
- Buying a mattress in a mattress store can feel overwhelming with so much information
- Dealing with the salesperson can sometimes be exhausting
- It is difficult to compare prices and know whether or not you are getting a good deal
Buying a mattress online in UAE:
- Research well by comparing top mattress UAE sites for getting the best deal
- Know well about the mattress you’re ordering
- Do not wait for the best offers as most sites have some or the other offer going on throughout the year
- Great alternative for those who hate shopping in mattress stores
- No salesmen to deal with
- The price of the mattress won’t include any markups
- Free shipping
- Minimal risk with a money-back guarantee
- Less number of options for comparison
- You typically have to set it up yourself
- You got to deal with getting rid of your old mattress
Decide Which Mattress is Right for You
Innerspring, foam, and latex are the three major types of mattresses. Note that there is no one right material. Beyond that, you’ll need to figure out what you need in a mattress:
- are a side sleeper, the innerspring mattress can provide you with a surface that conforms to your shape and supports your side body weight
- are a stomach sleeper, a firmer bed can offer you with the best support
- are a back sleeper, choose a mattress surface that supports as well as aligns your spine
- have allergies, go for foam or latex mattresses, which are antimicrobial and resistant to dust mites
- have back pain, choose memory foam or latex mattress, which can mold to your body and offer support
- like a bed with bounce, choose the innerspring mattress
- want a plush top, select an innerspring mattress with a foam outer layer or fiberfill
- have a partner that tosses and turns, an innerspring mattress with pocketed coils or a memory foam mattress can provide you with stability
- sleep hot, choose foam or latex that can hold body heat
- want a firmer base, go for a memory foam or latex mattress with ample support and comfort
All in all, choose a mattress that answers your problems and makes you feel the best while sleeping.
Sleep is one of the most important things in our lives. It rests your body, heals niggling aches and pains, and clears the mind. A good night’s sleep also improves your mood, increases focus and keeps you upbeat.
We’ve all had nights of fragmented sleep, waking up irritable, nervous and groggy. Disturbed sleep results in poor decision making, spike in blood pressure and glucose levels, and general inertia. If you have been routinely suffering from poor sleep, then the answer could lie in your hectic lifestyle. Or it could be something as basic as using the wrong pillow!
Does that sound surprising? It’s true – what you rest your head on at night can make the difference between waking up refreshed or waking up with a heavy head and painful neck and shoulders.
Why a Good Pillow makes all the Difference!
A pillow is not just a roll of material under your head when you sleep. If it was, you could just roll up a bedsheet and use it under your head! A pillow serves a specific function: to offer support to your neck and shoulders when you sleep.
Why do you need neck and shoulder support when you sleep? The reason lies in the human anatomy. The spine has a slight slope from the neck to the mid-back, where it curves slightly before meeting the base of the spinal column. When you lie down, your spine’s curvature is maintained with a firm memory foam mattress. But your head should be placed such that the spine’s slope at the neck is not changed. Your pillow should not be so soft that your head dips below your shoulder blades, nor so hard that your neck is raised.
When you find the right pillow, you will experience the perfect amount of rest and comfort which are necessary for a good night’s sleep.
How to Buy a Pillow Online
Mattress Souq offers good quality pillows online. It is easy to buy a perfect pillow. Here’s how you do it:
- If you routinely face problems such as tension, headaches, neck pain, frozen shoulder and back ache, it is better to speak with your doctor about the kind of pillow you need.
- Memory foam pillows are good to try. They offer the right amount of support and retain their shape after use.
- Check the product dimensions on mattresssouq.com. These are listed alongside the product, along with photographs and other details like fabric, material of the inner structure, price points, etc.
- Order pillows online and await delivery at your residence.
Now all that remains is to rest your tired head on your new pillow and experience the joys of a good night’s sleep!
Sleep is the healer of most ills – but only if it is deep and uninterrupted. Most of us struggle with aching bodies and disturbed sleep, partly owing to a hot and saggy mattress. It naturally follows that if you want to have good quality sleep every night, you must invest in a mattress that is firm, mouldable to your body contours, and which provides support to your neck, back, shoulders, hips and knees.
We suggest buying a memory foam mattress online.
What is Memory Foam?
Memory foam is used in making mattresses and pillows. As the term suggests, it is a kind of foam that has a ‘memory’. However, this is not a Space Age concept, but rather more of a muscle memory one. Memory foam is made out of a polyurethane (known as ‘viscoelastic’) that is dense and able to maintain its structure despite repeated use. This property helps the mattress retain its shape for longer, without sagging or lumping.
However, memory foam mattresses are manufactured differently by different brands. The viscoelastic may be denser in some. Mattress Souq offers memory foam mattress with different levels of firmness. Viscoelastic is normally impenetrable for most substances, though the elastic properties of a memory foam mattress help it curve to the user’s body contours, and also bounce back to its prior state after use.
How a Memory Foam Mattress Benefits you
Consider the three benefits of using a memory foam mattress:
- It is highly durable and lasts for years
- It has high density, so it often impervious to most spills
- It provides good support and offers pressure relief
Depending on the kind of foam used in the mattress, you can get different functions out of it. For example, a simple foam mattress is comfortable to sleep on, but it traps body heat and makes you uncomfortable. Meanwhile, an open cell memory foam has a more relaxed internal structure to allow movement of air. This mattress does not overheat. Another type is a gel-based memory foam, which is filled with gel beads. This mattress offers superior heat absorption with the beads absorbing heat, and a more open structure allowing passage of air. It is one of the most comfortable mattresses to sleep on.
How to Buy a Memory Foam Mattress
Mattress Souq sells memory foam mattresses online in UAE. Below is how you can buy your favourite memory foam mattress online from Mattress Souq:
- Log on to com
- Browse through the field marked ‘Mattress’ on the home page
- Click on ‘Memory Foam Mattress’ from ‘Mattress Collection’
- Study the mattress dimensions and make. Each mattress is priced differently based on internal composition, covering fabric, etc.
- Select your most preferred memory foam mattress and place your order by paying for it online
- Await delivery of the mattress to your home, and have it fitted onto your bed when it arrives
So you have purchased a brand new latex mattress! Well, that’s one good decision you have made. You’ll enjoy sleeping on a mattress that provides optimum comfort and relaxation. You can buy the latex mattress in Dubai easily with many options available. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve purchased the latex mattress online or offline. Your next step is to know how to care for it.
Fortunately, taking care of a latex mattress does not need much time and effort. You can keep your mattress in good condition and extend its lifespan by following these simple steps:
Let It Breathe
Latex is highly breathable material. Its foam is open-cell type, and it has pinholes, allowing the air to circulate. Again, the longevity of your mattress is dependent on its breathability. You can prevent blocking the underside of your mattress using a slatted base that allows for free air circulation. Moreover, the improved air circulation gives you a more refreshing night’s sleep.
Use A Removable Mattress Cover
A latex mattress usually comes with a removable mattress cover. It is often fully enclosed and can be removed for cleaning purposes.
Things like smell, sweat, bugs, and stains regularly accumulate on a mattress. By using a removable mattress cover, you can keep such matter out at the cover and protect your mattress. Take care of your hygiene and health by washing the mattress cover from time to time. If you do not have a removable cover, then we recommend you purchase one.
Gentle Cleaning As & When Required
If a spill occurs on your mattress in spite of having the mattress cover on, clean the mattress carefully. Use a damp cloth and clean gently. A latex mattress does not require complicated cleaning.
Turn & Flip Your Mattress Every Six Months
Turning and flipping your latex mattress from time to time ensures that your body pressure gets evenly distributed across the mattress every time you sleep. It makes the mattress more comfortable for you.
Turn your mattress 180 degrees to interchange the head and foot of the bed. Flip your mattress over its long edge. Thus, you get a completely new surface to sleep on.
Avoid Exposure of Mattress to Sun
If you are using a mattress cover, make sure that your latex mattress is not exposed to direct sunlight when the cover is removed for cleaning. Direct sunshine can cause the latex to break down and shorten the mattress’s lifespan. Nevertheless, exposure to the sun won’t be an issue if it is covered with a mattress cover.
Thus, you need to make little efforts to care for and extend the lifespan of your latex mattress. The critical things for this are: allowing your mattress to breathe, using a removable mattress cover, cleaning the spots gently, flipping the bed every six months, and avoiding exposure to the sun.
Thus, you don’t have to spend much time in the maintenance of your new latex mattress.
What price are you ready to pay for a good night’s sleep? Before you answer, let me notify you that prominent sleep bodies have recommended that while buying a bed, spend as much as you can.
If you understand the importance of good sleep, you would even forgo holidays you planned for this summer or the thought of buying that latest car. After all, we do need seven to eight hours’ of sleep a night to live happily. You can buy any of the new-found memory foam mattresses online, but the things about mattress in a box is that it is something altogether different.
The industry has come up with the idea of wellness in a box to make quality mattresses available to all even at faraway places. Mattress in a box is the best memory foam mattress that comes compressed, rolled and is delivered to your doorstep.
Let us see how it all started out. The concept of compressing mattress in a box was thought by two American software engineers, and later, the philosophy and design inspired many entrepreneurs around the world. It has been a couple of decades since this innovation.
Also, it is a fact that the construction process of the older-generation foam mattress is outdated. It comes thick and heavy.
Earlier, people used to sleep on spring-based mattresses — a traditional mattress, full of pocket springs with individual coils wrapped in a fabric pocket. In recent times, foam is overtaking springs in every way. Also, much of the mattresses today are bought online, and many are ‘mattress in a box’ kind.
Boxed mattresses are made of layers of different foam grades that are designed to resist motion transfer and are topped with a new-generation open-cell foam that eliminates the sweatiness sink associated with a traditional memory foam mattress.
Also, it is essential to know that foam in ‘mattress in a box’ kind of mattress come in different styles. The foam can be fluid, firm or floppy depending on the chemistry of the materials used. The level of sink-to-bounce ratio you want in a mattress is something you decide for yourself. The challenge for you is to find a mattress with the right balance: not too soft and not too hard.
The mattress manufacturers work to stand out through constant innovation driven by teams of dedicated engineers testing new materials. Hence, new mattresses are mostly good having the capability to transform the quality of your sleep.
Thus, mattress in a box has opened new doors of quality and satisfaction for customers. You’ll be getting many features when you buy a boxed mattress offering you high level of comfort in sleeping.
Mattress buying was for long a sector dominated by retailers. The mega retail stores were the only go to point for people wanting to buy new mattresses. But things have not stayed the same. Like many other objects, a mattress is also getting sold online in Dubai and other cities across the world.
The direct-to-consumer online start-ups have changed everything about buying a mattress. And the global trends have undoubtedly found their way to Dubai. Buying a mattress online is commonplace today.
Below are a couple of reasons why you should buy a mattress online over purchasing it from a physical store:
One reason for the mattress sold online being cheap is the absence of overhead costs associated with a physical store. Low margins result in a low price for mattress sold online.
Convenience & Appeal
Let us deconstruct the process of purchasing a mattress and compare the convenience while buying it online vs offline.
Buying a mattress is a significant investment, and you would want to bring home a mattress that is right for you. It should not be a rushed decision. Online mattress sellers have made it convenient for you to select the right mattress.
Online marketplaces allow you to test the mattress you order, for a sufficient time—anything from a week to a month—before you finalise keeping it for good. This way, you know exactly how it feels to sleep on that mattress for the whole night, night after night, against guessing the best fit in a short time in a crowded store when you buy mattress offline.
People are starting to order a mattress online, have it delivered, and try it privately in the comfort of their homes.
Availability of Choicest Mattress
Most mattress providers in Dubai offer a selective range of mattresses that are available in different sizes. The mattresses come with a return option.
Retail mattress providers mostly sell various different types and brands. In the complexity of choices available, it becomes difficult to zero in one mattress that would be apt for you. In this way, selling one right mattress done by online mattress sellers makes more sense.
Thus, while there will be people who’ll want to buy mattress from a physical store, the number of people wanting to buy mattress online is increasing because of the many benefits associated with it.
Mattress Souq is the online store for quality mattresses in Dubai and other cities of UAE, with a wide range of mattresses, no middlemen, free delivery and 10 night trail period.