All Across UAE
Cash On Delivery
Decide What Suits Your Body Type-A Firm Mattress or A Soft Mattress
A right mattress is directly proportional to a good night’s sleep. Thus, choosing the right mattress is vital for you. Good quality sleep plays a significant role in your general health and wellbeing.
The types of mattresses in Dubai are enormous. One of the critical decisions in mattress buying is choosing between a firm and a soft mattress. While the choice is extremely personal, below is some information to help you with buying a mattress in Dubai.
Difference Between Firm and Soft Mattress
The primary difference between a firm and a soft mattress is their feel. While a firm mattress is rigid to touch and has less give, a soft mattress compresses easily on pressure application.
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of both firm and soft mattress:
- As a firm mattress sags less, your body weight gets evenly distributed over it
- A firm mattress is better for back sleepers and stomach sleepers as it provides a more even surface
- If you do not have much trouble with back pain, a firm mattress can prove to be more comfortable
- Muscles are less strained on a firmer surface as the bones absorb most of the pressure resulting in less stress on muscles and better blood circulation
- A firm mattress prevents your lower back from crumbling, which allows for more oxygen intake during sleep
- The change from a softer mattress to a harder mattress can feel pretty uncomfortable in the beginning
- For back problems like arthritis and scoliosis, a firm mattress can exacerbate the pain
- A soft mattress is the recommended type for people experiencing back pain or those having pre-existing back problems
- A soft mattress suits lighter individuals
- A soft mattress suits side sleepers as it gives better cushioning to the shoulders, hips, and spine
- A soft mattress can cause back problems for back sleepers and stomach sleepers
- It can also cause trouble to bed sharers
- A soft mattress may also be less durable than its firm counterpart as all types of mattress tend to soften over time
How To Decide What Suits Your Body Type
The two main criteria when it comes to deciding a mattress are if you suffer from back pain, and your sleeping style. If you do not suffer from back pain and sleep on your back or stomach, a firmer mattress will better suit you. On the other hand, if you are a side sleeper or have back issues, you must go for a soft mattress.
Another vital thing to consider is weight. For example, for a heavier person, a firm mattress can turn into soft, and for a lighter person, even a soft mattress may not provide a good give.
The significant thing here is to test out a mattress properly by sleeping on it before buying. Simply sitting won’t cut it.
Reference link: https://sleepopolis.com/blog/firm-vs-soft-mattresses-pros-cons/