All Across UAE
Cash On Delivery
How Your Mattress Is Killing Your Back – And What To Do About It
It is a relatively new problem, but one which has the potential to upset your daily lifestyle. Back pain often starts off as a minor ache, but progresses into a constant pain over time. Timely treatment at the hands of an expert orthopaedic doctor is essential to control and cure the problem. But even more important is determining the cause of the pain.
It could be your mattress.
How Your Mattress May Harm Your Back
Many of us buy mattresses for our beds when we buy a new home, or remodel an existing one. It is a one-time investment, since most of us use the same mattress for years.
- And therein lies the problem. A mattress not built to provide adequate cushioning and support begins to sag with use.
- It bears the brunt of your body weight, and over time, its internal structure begins to tighten and bind together, thus causing a sag in some places. Most mattresses sag under the shoulders, buttocks and ankles. Some may sag entirely down the middle.
- The sagging mattress forces your spinal alignment off kilter. This is when back pain begins.
Take a good look at the mattress you are using at the moment. Does it dip in the centre? Does the top surface feel softer to the touch, and has it lost its previous shape? It could be the reason for your backache. We suggest getting an orthopaedic mattress after consulting your doctor.
What Is An Orthopaedic Mattress?
Rising cases of back and shoulder pain in Dubai are prompting doctors to suggest lifestyle and bed linen changes – using an orthopaedic mattress falls in the latter category.
- Simply put, it is a mattress designed to provide support to certain points of your back, shoulders and major joints in the lower body. It provides a firmer supporting surface targeting the specific problem areas of your back.
- With better cushioning and support, the spinal alignment comes back to normal. The mattress also firmly ‘props’ up the painful areas, thus helping to reduce inflammation inside the painful zones and speeding recovery.
The Best Orthopaedic Mattresses In Dubai
Your doctor can recommend which type of orthopaedic mattress you need. The good news is that Mattress Souq, a leading brand in Dubai has a variety of orthopaedic mattresses on offer. You can simply check the product specs and order the most suitable one online. Have it installed in your bed, and test it for a week. If you are unsatisfied with the product, exchange it for another or get full refund, Mattress Souq gives you a 10-night trial to do so.
It’s high time you bid adieu to your niggling back pain. The obvious answer is to buy a good orthopaedic mattress. But if your pain is injury-related or persistent even after getting a new mattress, then it may be the time to go for a deeper examination of the issue.